I talk to young moms a lot. We are all a very worried, guilty and overwhelmed bunch of people, right? There’s a lot we can talk about in our crazy busy lives regarding our kids, our parenting, our faith and our marriage. But a surprising need that I hear again and again? Time management tips.
We sometimes feel guilty worrying about managing our time because it seems…lame. Like, there are people starving and we’re all concerned about whether we got our to-do lists accomplished? But when it comes down do it—and I know I’m not just speaking for myself here—feeling like our lives are out of control is a huge stressor for a lot of moms.
Think of all the things you want to accomplish on a given day:
- Connect with God.
- Connect with your husband.
- Connect with your kids.
- Teach and train your kids and help them with their schoolwork.
- Take kids to all the appointments/practices/etc.
- Keep your house clean.
- Run 87 errands that you’ve been putting off for months.
- Pay your bills on time.
- Keep your house clean after your kids messed it up again.
- Take a shower. Maybe put on makeup. (Perhaps should have done that earlier in the day.)
- Be a good friend/daughter/sister etc.
- Feed your offspring, which includes meal planning, shopping, cooking AND cleanup. (Again, maybe should have planned that earlier.)
- Oh yeah, perhaps work or run a side business like many of us do.
- RELAX (hahahahahaha are you kidding?)
- Shouldn’t exercise have been in there somewhere?
5 Time Management Tips for Moms—When Life is Crazy
There are a lot of angles we could take on this topic, but I think it might be helpful to simply offer a few practicals that can help. If I were to travel in time and offer advice to myself a few years ago I would offer these time management tips:
To finish reading, please head on over and read my guest post at My Joy-Filled Life!
STOP JUST SURVIVING...
And start thriving! Sign up for instant access to my free resource collection for moms: devotionals, printables, worksheets and more.